BEd, Med, GDipPsych, BSocScience (PsychHons), Assoc MAPS
Book an appointment
Phone 0414800697 or 66843887
Get in touch
Michaela is a highly experienced Psychologist who has successfully helped many people during times of hardship and struggle.
She believes that human beings have an innate capacity to heal themselves under the right conditions and with the right support.
Although Michaela uses a variety of different therapies (see below), she sees her primary role as providing you with a safe and trusting space in which to explore your problems. This means that she brings her presence as a “fellow traveller” so to speak and is more like a “guide” than an “expert”. She won’t give you the answers, but she aims to help you find them. In order to do this, she’s curious about:
- how you see your problems,
- what you want for your life/what “wellness” looks like for you,
- what changes you want to make in light of this vision,
- what resources (both inside and outside yourself) are necessary for you to make these changes,
- how to access these resources; and
- what might be at risk from successfully making these changes.
- Transpersonal Approaches: Jungian Sand Tray Therapy, Art Therapy
- Bowen Family Systems Therapy/Research
- Internal Family Systems Therapy
- Somatic Experiencing/Somatic Psychotherapy
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Gestalt Psychotherapy
- Jungian Sand Tray
- Imago Relationship Therapy
- The Crucible Approach
- Emotionally Focussed Couples Therapy
Michaela provides help with addictions (substance and process), anger, anxiety, assertiveness, divorce and separation, depression, family violence, food/body related Issues, grief and loss (death and other), life transitions, parenting and co-parenting, relationship issues (intimate and other), sexual abuse, sexual health/sexuality, shame, stress, trauma.
With a GP Mental Health Care Plan, Medicare provides a rebate of $84.80 per session for up to 10 sessions in a calendar year